A Wendy’s Frosty is one of the most iconic fast food specialties to date. The Frosty is to Wendy’s as the Big Mac is to McDonald’s. It’s their claim to fame. And rightfully so, the Frosty is delicious.
Between the rich chocolate taste and the thick, creamy consistency, it’s easy to see why Wendy’s Frosty’s are amongst their best sellers. But while we can all enjoy a frosty from time to time, indulging as often as we probably want might not be the healthiest of ideas. Speaking of fast food, take a look at our macro-friendly fast food guide for how to eat at fast food restaurants when following a macro lifestyle.
With 470 calories in a medium and only 13g of protein, the Frosty delivers a pretty big punch when it comes to calories and fat, and leaves a lot to be desired in the protein department. But don’t despair! I came up with a Wendy’s Frosty Protein Shake that will blow your mind.
My rendition of this classic fast food favorite offers 28g of protein and just 172 calories, and it tastes JUST like the real thing. I promise you, you’re going to be a believer after you make this protein frosty just once!
It's perfect for those who are macro tracking, and for many women who want to lose weight by eating enough protein – this recipe can help you achieve that goal. Lastly, before we get started, our Avocado Banana Protein Pudding recipe was such a big hit, that I decided we need more macro friendly snack options to share on the blog!
3 Reasons Why You’ll Love Our Wendy’s Frosty Protein Shake Recipe
- This healthy Wendy’s Frosty delivers all of the flavor and satisfaction of the real thing but at a fraction of the calories and fat. Plus, it’s packed with 28g of protein, making it a well-balanced snack that can help you hit your goals.
- You only need 3 ingredients to make this Wendy’s Frosty Protein Shake. If you’re like me, simpler is always better when it comes to making things in the kitchen. Too many ingredients and I’m lost!
- This recipe is customizable based on your needs. For example, if you wanted to have a healthy Wendy’s Frosty for breakfast, as I often do, you can add some toppings like granola, nut butter, fruit, or a crumbled protein bar to up the calories and make it more of a well-balanced, fulfilling meal. On the other hand, the Wendy’s Protein Shake works perfectly well for a mid-day or evening snack.
Wendy's Frosty Protein Shake Ingredients
- Cubed ice
- Chocolate protein powder (I prefer Clean Simple Eats (Code TAMI), 1st Phorm Level-1, or Just Ingredients (Code tami10), or KOS Plant protein powder (vegan option))
- Low-fat cottage cheese (Good Culture is my top choice, always)
- Unsweetened Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
Kitchen Tools Required
- Blender or Smoothie Mixer (I have and love this one)
How to Make Wendy’s Frosty Protein Shake
1. Start by adding ice cubes to your blender cup.
2. Add unsweetened almond milk, protein powder, and cottage cheese.
3. Blend on high for 30-45 seconds, or until fully blended.
Swaps or Alternatives
I like to use whey protein powder in my healthy Wendy’s Frosty, however, you can easily swap it out for a plant-based option. If you follow a vegan or plant-based diet, you can swap out the cottage cheese for a plant-based option, or even a plant-based greek yogurt. Just be mindful that doing so will change the texture of your protein Frosty.
Be sure to follow the ingredient measurements strictly to get the best results. For example, adding too much or too little ice will cause the consistency to be either be too thick or too thin. We discovered the perfect amount of ice – stick with it!
Macros & Nutrition Information
- 172 calories
- 28g protein
- 10g carbs
- 3g fat
Wendy’s Frosty Protein Shake (Healthy Frosty!)
- 1 Blender
- 1 Smoothie Mixer
- 12 ice cubes
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I prefer Clean Simple Eats (Code TAMI), 1st Phorm Level-1, or Just Ingredients (Code tami10), or KOS (vegan option))
- ¼ cup low-fat cottage cheese (Good Culture is my top choice, always)
- ¾ cup unsweetened Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- Start by adding ice cubes to your blender cup.
- Add unsweetened almond milk, protein powder, and cottage cheese.
- Blend on high for 30-45 seconds, or until fully blended.