Vitamins are incredibly important to work into your diet at any age, but you may have an increased need for nutrient support in your 30s. This really depends on your diet, lifestyle and physical fitness routine. Your hormones also play a factor in how your body is utilizing nutrients in your 30s. This is a time in your life when you’re likely very busy with work, home life, possibly having children (see our top multivitamins for trying to conceive) and raising your family. Having enough energy to accomplish these tasks each day is very important.
I want to talk to you about some of the best multivitamin products for women that are in their 30s. Whether you’re eating a vegan diet on a regular basis, your dietary intake is lacking in nutrients, or you simply want to make sure you’re living a healthy lifestyle, we’re going to review some specific ingredients that should be a multivitamin. We’ll also talk about some examples of reputable multivitamin products.
Our Top Females in 30's Multivitamin Picks & Buying Guide
Women in 30s Multivitamin
1. 1st Phorm Micro Factor
Capsules or Powder (3 flavors to choose from)
at 1st Phorm (free shipping using our link)
2. Ritual Women’s Multivitamin
at Ritual (always free shipping)
3. Opositiv DISCO Women’s Multi Gummy
Gummies (vegan friendly)
4. First Day Women’s Multivitamin Gummy Drops
5. Complement Plant-Based Multivitamin
6. Primal Harvest Multivitamin
7. Best Nest Women’s Multi+
Nutrients to Look for in a Women’s Multivitamin for 30-year Old's
Women need different nutrients at different points in their lives. When you’re in your 30s, there are some specific things that should be included in the multivitamin you’re taking. From folate prior to conceiving to iron for sustained energy, here is what you should watch out for.
When you’re in your 30s, you might be giving some thought to getting pregnant with your partner. If this is the case, you should have folate in your diet as well as in the multivitamin supplement that you’re taking. Folate is part of the B-vitamin family and can prevent a number of birth defects.
You’ll want to look for a supplement that contains methylated folate. Up to one-third of the female population has a genetic variation that makes it difficult to absorb synthetic folate. Methylated is much easier to absorb.
As much as ninety-five percent of the female population isn’t getting enough omegas in their diet. Omega-3 is an ultra-important nutrient that helps support your brain, eye and heart health. It is recommended that you consume approximately 250 milligrams of omega-3 DHA + EPA each day. See our top-rated women's omega-3 supplements to learn more.
If you’re vegan or you don’t consume a lot of meat products, you may be deficient in B vitamins (specifically B12). Vitamin B12 comes from foods like fish, eggs and meat. Our body uses it for proper energy levels, ample metabolism rates and cell division.
If you live up north where the winter months don’t bring about a lot of sunshine, vitamin D3 is something that you should be supplementing with year round. It’s very hard to obtain it from diet alone. D3 is essential for optimal immune function and muscle function. Vitamin D3 can also help with the absorption of calcium, which is likely in your multivitamin as well.
Iron is a nutrient that your body uses to support the formation of red blood cells, to produce energy and to maintain efficient metabolic rates. It’s difficult to meet your body’s iron needs in your 30s, largely because of the iron that is lost during menstruation each month. A multivitamin can be used to fill in these gaps throughout the month.
You may not know a lot about vitamin K2, but it plays a number of very important roles in the body. We need K2 in order to properly use calcium in the body so we have strong bones. Women can start to lose their bone density during pregnancy, lactation and as they approach their 40s.
Magnesium is incredibly important in a number of bodily functions from cell division to bone health. It can help keep anxiety and nerves under control. It can relax your muscles and help you sleep better at night. Magnesium can also help with lung function.
The Best Multivitamins for Women in Their 30s
Now that we’ve talked a bit about the different nutrients that should be in your multivitamin, I want to suggest some of the best women’s multivitamins for women in their 30s.
#1: 1st Phorm Micro Factor
Receive FREE Shipping with link below!
Six different products are essentially included in this multi-nutrient pack from 1st Phorm. From boosted immune function to filling in nutritional gaps, this is a great product for women to use in their 30s. You get a lot more from this product than other traditional multivitamins thanks to a broad spectrum of antioxidants. This is direct support for your immune system, protecting your body from free radicals that can lead to illness and disease. Antioxidants are important if you want to prevent premature signs of aging.
Probiotics are included in this 1st Phorm product to promote a healthy gut. Probiotics help your body absorb the nutrients you’re taking in, boost your immune system and much more. Each serving of 1st Phorm’s Micro Factor includes eight billion organisms of various probiotic strains.
Essential vitamins and minerals are included to increase energy production and support metabolic functions on a daily basis. CoQ10 is just one inclusion that promotes more cellular energy and boosts cardiovascular function. Essential fatty acids keep your joints, brain and heart healthy as you approach your 40s.
Similar to the 1st Phorm Micro Factor supplement, this is one of the best powdered multivitamin products that contains many of the same nutrients and ingredients while also incorporating various whole foods into the mix. Broccoli, kale, spirulina, wheat grass and grape seed extract are just some of the super foods included. MCT and acacia fiber have also been added to boost your gut health and brain health.
- Contains safe and natural ingredients that benefit the body
- Focuses on gut health in addition to just providing nutrients to the body
- Increase cellular energy with regular use
- The powdered supplement comes in a variety of flavors such as mixed berry and orange
- Supports metabolic functions
- Micro Factor Powder includes an artificial sweetener
Receive FREE Shipping with link below!
#2: Ritual Women’s Multivitamin
Ritual Women’s Multivitamin 18+ is a clinically-backed multivitamin for women that are between the ages of 18 and 49. It has been formulated to help fill nutritional gaps in the diet. A combination of omega-3 DHA has been sourced from microalgae to support brain health. Vitamin D, magnesium and boron are included for optimal bone health as you get older. It also promotes the formation of red blood cells thanks to chelated iron and folate. Vitamin E stops potential damage caused by free radicals.
- Contains nine traceable ingredients, and Ritual is very transparent about where they come from and why
- Chelated iron won’t cause nausea or stomach upset
- Vitamin D3 is sourced from lichen for enhanced absorption
- Delayed release design provides consistent nutritional support
- Enhanced with mint for a pleasant after taste
- Calcium and vitamin C are not included
#3: Opositiv DISCO Women’s Multi Gummy
Opositiv has a women’s multivitamin gummy called DISCO. DISCO includes a vast selection of nutrients (15 core vitamins and minerals) along with adaptogens (ashwaghanda and rhodiola) that will help your body better handle stress. Antioxidants provide immune support as well. Omega-3 fatty acid helps support circulation & your body’s natural anti-inflammatory responses. Vitamin B9 allows for healthy cell growth and cell function. Biotin will help your body convert food into energy as well as support healthy skin, hair, and nails.
- Vegan friendly and gluten free
- Have helped people clear up skin breakouts, increase their energy and boost immune function
- Tastes great
- No bad aftertaste
- Other products are available for different times in your life like menopause and during PMS
- Expensive if you choose not to use their subscribe and save service
#4: First Day Women’s Multivitamin Gummy Drops
A special formulation for women over the age of 17, First Day Women’s Multivitamin Gummy Drops are made from organic fruits and vegetables and contain 80 percent less sugar than your average multivitamin. Nine essential nutrients are included, such as vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B9, B12, C, D3, and K. Magnesium, zinc, and biotin are also included. They’re all sourced from whole food ingredients. Less than 100 percent of daily values for each nutrient are included. This supplement is not intended to replace a healthy diet, but rather fill in the gaps that exist. This is a drastically different from the standard multivitamin that has been sitting on store shelves for decades.
- Does not contain any artificial ingredients like flavorings or colors
- Vegan friendly
- Doesn’t contain GMO ingredients
- Perfect for the busy female that is worried about gaps in their nutrition
- Some women may feel like they want a higher dose of nutrients from their multivitamin
#5: Complement Plus Plant-Based Multivitamin
There are eight critical vitamins, minerals and omega-3s that are usually low in people’s bodies when they’re following a plant-based diet. This is a supplement designed for women that are in this category. A science-backed approach has been used to boost immunity, improve heart health, increase energy levels and hone in on brain function. The product is essenced with peppermint for a pleasant taste. A lot of multivitamins leave you burping up some gross flavors later in the day. This product is easy on your stomach as well.
- Each batch of product is third-party tested for purity and safety
- A transparent production process is used
- Packed in biodegradable materials
- Each order contributes to the planting of trees all around the world, support sanctuary animals as well as reducing our carbon footprint
- The real savings comes from purchasing large quantities of product (six months worth)
#6: Primal Harvest Multivitamin
Primal Harvest’s Multivitamin can be used by women to address nutritional gaps, increase immune function, promote heart health and so much more. Twenty-one different key nutrients have been included for optimal wellness and this product has been formulated with bioavailability in mind.
- Easy to swallow, once per day capsule
- Gluten free, dairy free and soy free
- Made in a GMP-certified facility
- Increases energy and immune function
- Not specifically tailored for women in their 30s. It can be used by men as well.
#7: Best Nest Women’s Multi+
This multivitamin from Best Nest provides a complete nutrient profile designed to support brain health and energy. If you lead a very busy lifestyle, this supplement can help you get through even the most hectic of days thanks to organic superfoods, probiotics, live enzymes, and methylated vitamins. It also helps to improve memory function and brain processing speed so you’re focused and ready for the day ahead. Best Nest has formulated this product to be easy on your stomach so it can become a daily supplement throughout your 30s and beyond.
- Once daily formula
- Vegan, whole-foods based product
- Gentle on the stomach
- Contains iron for red blood cell production and a boost in energy
- Contains mega doses of certain vitamins and minerals
The Bottom Line
A multivitamin in your 30s can benefit your body in a number of ways. Even if you’re making sure that you’re eating enough healthy foods throughout the course of a day, there will inevitably be times where there are nutritional gaps that should be addressed. Not eating healthy one day here and there isn’t a big deal but making this a habit can cause long term health issues. You likely have a lot going on in your life when you’re in your 30s. Taking a multivitamin each morning is all you need to sustain ample energy levels and remain focused on your health.
Tips for Success from the Nutritionist
While I wholeheartedly support the use of a multivitamin, I also think it’s very important to focus on the foods that you’re eating. When you’re in your 30s, there are some superfoods that I recommend including into your diet as often as possible.
- Bone Broth increases your collagen intake, which can prevent premature signs of aging, promote healthy bones and protect your joints.
- Antioxidants will protect your body from free radicals and oxidative stress. These are things that can also speed up the process of aging if you’re not careful. Source your antioxidants from things like blueberries and pomegranate juice.
- Consume adequate servings of protein with each of your meals. You should stick with lean protein sources such as fish, chicken and eggs.
Do Women’s Multivitamins Work?
Not all women’s multivitamins are created equal. While some may very well be beneficial for your body, there are others that just aren’t going to cut it. For example, whole food-based vitamins tend to be better absorbed and used by the body. Whereas, synthetic nutrients don’t always get where they need to go before being expelled by the body. Take some time to really look at a multivitamin and the brand that makes it. This will help you determine if you’re choosing a product that’s going to be beneficial.