If you haven’t noticed, I’m a big fan of MYX Fitness and their connected home exercise bike. This direct-to-consumer exercise equipment brand is growing by leaps and bounds, in fact, NBC News and other giant media outlets recently released articles citing MYX as one of the best Peloton alternatives, which I know perks up the ears of thousands!
I also just read an article that states that up to 25% of fitness clubs in the US could be closed by the end of 2020. Ouch. COVID-19 has affected us all, but it’s making a giant gouge in the fitness industry, particularly when it comes to gyms and fitness centers.
But on the flip side of the coin, there are some great benefits to more people working out from home. For starters, more people are committing to an exercise regime! Some publications reported that exercise is up 88% as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
With exercise on the rise and more people committing to their health and wellbeing, so too is the search for the best home gym equipment to get the job done efficiently from home. That’s where MYX Fitness comes into play.
Recently, I’ve had a lot of questions on my Instagram and Youtube videos regarding whether the MYX Plus is worth the upgrade. So in this article I’m going to walk you through the MYX Plus so that you can decide if you want to spring for the upgrade.
Why Choose MYX Plus?
Before I get into all the details about the MYX Plus, let’s first dissect why this brand is a great investment in the first place, regardless of whether you choose the classic or the Plus package.
The first thing to understand is that this is a complete home gym system, not just a spin bike. Yes, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to cycle, but you’ll also be encouraged to cross-train, which is essential if you want to achieve your physical goals
MYX offers hundreds of on-demand cycling classes AND hundreds of cross-training classes that include everything from weight training and HIIT to yoga and mobility. You get to work your complete body, including your mind, with their mindful practices.
Next, your workouts are based on customized heart rate training. By using the included heart rate monitor, MYX will determine your unique heart rate zones. You get to train smarter (not harder!) and adjust your effect based on your heart rate zones and your coach’s guidance. MYX encourages you to compete with yourself, working to improve your body with each new workout.
Here are some additional benefits of the MYX system:
- It’s a professional quality bike (used in elite cycling studios and gyms around the world).
- The bike is durable, rust-proof, and space-efficient so that you can fit it into even the smallest of home gym spaces.
- It includes an innovative swivel screen that allows for optimum viewing for your floor workouts.
- You’ll have the opportunity to move and challenge your body in a variety of ways, which is the key to progression and creating lasting, long-term health.
- You can catch up on the news while you ride thanks to their Newsy integration or you can hit the trails with their brand new scenic ride feature which allows you to feel like you’re cycling in real time in a number of beautiful places around the world.
- Your membership allows for up to 5 profiles, so the whole family can get in on the action and set their own personal goals while tracking their personal progress. You can even schedule workouts so that your family knows when you’re planning to hit the bike.
- They offer FREE shipping & assembly! I’ve researched a lot of home cycling brands and this is the only one I’ve seen that delivers the bike AND sets it up for you free of charge.
Now that you know all of the amazing benefits that come with the MYX system in general, and you’re no doubt convinced that this bike is the way to go, the question becomes should you upgrade to the Plus package?
Here’s what comes with the Plus package:
- Total fitness system for body and mind
- Interactive touchscreen tablet (21.5”)
- Stationary Star Trac Bike
- Stabilizing Mat
- Polar OH1 Heart Rate Monitor
- Motivating world-class coaches on demand (MYX Membership separate at $29/mo)
- Hundreds of workouts with new sessions added weekly
- 6-piece weight set with kettlebell (weight rack not included)*
- Oversized exercise mat (48” x 72”)*
- EVA foam roller (24”)*
- Resistance band*
*Not included with the original MYX.
Essentially, the difference between the basic package and the Plus is the addition of all the equipment you need to get an effective full-body workout from home. And it’s not just any equipment, it’s high-quality, beautiful equipment that pairs perfectly with the bike.
You have the option to choose between light, medium, and heavy weights:
- Light - 3,6,9 lb. dumbbells, 15 lb. kettlebell
- Medium - 6,9,12 lb. dumbbells, 20 lb. kettlebell
- Heavy - 9,12,15 lb. dumbbells, 25 lb. kettlebell
I love that you get the option to choose your weight based on your ability and your goals. They offer options that cater to everyone from beginners to advanced fitness enthusiasts. They even include a guide on how to choose which set is right for you, taking all the guesswork out of the equation.
So for just $200 more ($150 more if you use my code FITHEALTHY50 for $50 off), you get everything you need to workout from home. This is a steal of a price considering you can’t even get three pairs of dumbbells for less than $150 these days.
If you’re someone who’s starting from scratch with a home gym setup, it’s a no-brainer to upgrade to the Plus so that you have everything you need in one tidy, aesthetically pleasing system.
Final Thoughts: Is is worth upgrading to the plus?
It’s no secret that I love MYX Fitness and their approach to promoting a healthy body and mind. I love that they’re able to offer an amazing quality product with all the bells and whistles at nearly $1000 less than the competition. They’re truly making home fitness accessible to everyone.
If you came here looking to see if investing the extra to get the Plus model is worth it, then the answer is undoubtedly a yes. Especially if you don’t have any equipment at home or what you have is old, worn, mismatched, etc. I love that the MYX bike and the equipment is sleek and beautiful, so you won’t feel bad looking at it even if it’s sitting in the middle of your living room.
Are you planning to get a MYX bike? Which color will you choose, white or gray? Will you go with the Plus? Let me know in the comments! And don’t forget to use my code FITHEALTHY50 to get $50 off your order.