Elevation protein powder, also known as Aldi protein powder, is a whey protein powder distributed by Aldi through their Milleville brand.
social distancing: do your part!
Here at Fit Healthy Momma, we're committed to providing you with the best nutritional and lifestyle information possible to help you lead the healthiest life possible. Our team is taking the COVID-19 crisis very seriously, doing our part to flatten the curve. We know that many of our visitors like to get their protein at their local Aldi store, however, this may not be the safest option during this unprecedented time. We've put together a list of the top 5 most affordable protein powders that you can order online and enjoy without ever leaving your home. Spolier alert: they are even better than the Aldi option!
Let’s face it, protein powders can be pricey, and if you’re a daily consumer like I am, it can be a fairly big monthly expense. So, you may be looking around for cheap protein options, and if you are, you may have seen Elevation protein powders and wondered if they’re any good.
We have our honest opinion on this product, which you're about to find out. What others are saying about the product can really help you make your decision (I've been there before).
Looking to Build Muscle?
Sometimes there are better options out there, which is why we created an organized list for those that are looking to build muscle mass. For many men and women, gaining weight isn't easy, but these protein powders help you gain weight, get stronger and build the body you are looking for.
After trying out a bunch of options, we really liked this brand and flavor. With that being said, it is worthy to note that there are some comparable competitors. Take a look below to see a side by side comparison on Aldi vs Body Fortress - a FIERCE rivalry between the 2 powders.... who will win? All kidding aside, here it is:
Quick Comparison vs Competition
It's hard to be completely sold on the Milleville brand, especially after seeing a side to side comparison like this.
There's a big wild craze with Body Fortress going on right now, and for good reason. Over 2,000 positive reviews is hard to beat. Not to mention the price is cheaper if you decide to go with Body Fortress.
To see even more options, jump to our alternative section. With that being said, our entire review article is absolutely worth the read!
Find The Protein You Need!
A really delicious protein powder that you can add your favorite ingredients to create the ultimate shake! Aldi's really knocked this one out of the park. Find out more, by seeing the product at Amazon below. We receive commissions if you purchase through our link, and it doesn't cost anything extra to you! For those of you that do - Thanks for your support!
One thing’s for sure; not all protein powders are made equal, but it’s still possible to get a quality protein at an affordable price. We dug in and took a close look at Aldi’s protein powder, creating a complete review so that you can decide for yourself if it’s a good match for your needs.
What is Elevation Protein Powder?
Elevation by Millville is Aldi’s store brand of protein powders and bars. The protein powder comes in two different flavors; chocolate and vanilla. It’s a whey protein powder blend supplement that contains amino acids and creatine. There’s 30g of protein per serving.
This protein powder has both natural and artificial flavors, so if you’re looking to go clean and organic with your protein, this may not be the best option for you. There are 170 calories per serving, making it a great choice for people looking to use their protein powder as a meal replacement.
It’s convenient because this powder contains whey protein, creatine, and amino acids all in one formula, which eliminates the need to buy multiple supplements.
Where Can You Get It?
How Much Does Aldi Protein Powder Cost?
If you purchase Elevation at Aldi, the price will vary based on your location and particular store. The price on Amazon for a two-pound container is around $30-40.
What’s In Aldi Whey Protein?
- 180 calories
- 2.5 fat
- 9g carbs
- 2g sugar
- 30g protein
- Creatine-Amino Acid Blend (Creatine Monohydrate, Taurine, L-Glutamine)
Frequently Asked Questions
Does it Contain Artificial Sweeteners?
Yes, it contains Sucralose. If you’re not allergic to or averse to the taste of artificial sweeteners, you’ll likely not mind. I will say that this particular protein powder is very sweet, so if sweet is your thing, you’ll enjoy Aldis protein powder.
How Well Does it Mix?
Elevation protein powder mixes just as well as almost every other, more expensive, protein powder out there, according to the reviews. I find that most protein powder mixes better with milk than it does water. I always use almond milk and never have an issue with clumping, no matter what powder I choose. Mainly because I use this really nice and affordable blender.
How’s The Taste?
There are two basic flavors; chocolate and vanilla. Reviewers rave about both flavors being sweet, rich, and creamy. However, the chocolate Elevation protein powder wins for overall best taste.
How Should I Prepare It?
There are several ways you can use Millville’s protein powder, from mixing it with water for a quick drink on the go to making a protein shake that’s full of calories and nutrients.
Here’s my favorite protein shake recipe. You can use any protein powder of your choice:
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- A handful of power greens (kale, spinach, chard, etc.)
- 1 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 cup of frozen berries
You won’t taste the greens, promise! Mix it with this blender and you'll have a smooth tasting shake!
What Other Elevation by Millville Products Are Available?
There are several other Elevation by Millville products available. The other main product they offer is protein bars. The flavors include:
- Apple pie
- Caramel chocolate peanut nougat
- Caramel double chocolate crunch
- Caramel Nut
- Coconut almond
- Cranberry almond
- Peanut butter cookie bar
- Peanut butter fudge crisp
All the flavors are highly rated. They have around 160 calories per bar and have 3g carbs and 1g of sugar, making them a great option for protein on the go.
You bet your buns it's free returns if you're a Prime Member!
That's right, if you buy this product, try it out and don't like it, just return it and get your dang money back. There's no risk. It's a Win / Win!
Final Thoughts on Aldi Elevation Protein Powder
After doing a ton of researching (with very limited information), here are my final thoughts on Aldi Elevation protein powder:
Overall, I think this is a good protein powder for those looking to supplement their diet with additional protein who aren’t sensitive or averse to artificial flavoring. The taste is not that great at all. In addition, it doesn't mix well with water and milk—which are the two most important attributes according to most protein powder consumers.
High Quality Protein Powder
Choose between Chocolate or Vanilla!
What Are Some Alternatives?
If you’re not convinced that Elevation protein powder is a good choice for you, don’t worry because we have a list of a few alternatives that offer better quality and a lower price point and available for free Prime Shipping. Take a look:
- You will receive (1) jar of Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein Powder, Chocolate, 5 lbs
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR SUPPLEMENTS: Body Fortress provides a variety of pre , intra and post workout supplements to maximize the effectiveness of your workouts. Super Advanced Whey Protein to our mass building supplements to maximize your workout routine
- AFFORDABLE SUPPLEMENTS: Body Fortress is committed to the idea that your gains should be a result of the level of your Dedication and Commitment, not the size of your budget, so our supplements are always the highest quality without being the highest price
- COMPARE TO YOUR FAVORITES: Compare Body Fortress Supplements to Dymatize, Optimum Nutrition, Isopure, Orgain, BSN Syntha 6, MusclePharm, EAS, PlantFusion, Muscle Milk, Evlution, Six Star, MuscleTech, Vega, IntraCore, Quest Nutrition, Gatorade, or Ascent
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease
This is a “Super whey” protein, coming in at 60 grams of protein per serving. This is definitely an option for those looking to really ramp up their protein intake and add muscle mass to their bodies. There are 7 flavors to choose from and the cost is awesome. You don’t have to break the bank to get the muscle you desire!
- You will receive (1) tub of Pure Protein Whey Powder, Rich Chocolate, 1.75 lbs
- 100% WHEY PROTEIN POWDER: Pure Protein 100% Whey Protein helps keep your body fit and ready for whatever your workout brings. From fitness goals to lean muscle gains, Pure Protein's whey protein powder helps support your healthy lifestyle.
- PROTEIN POWDER FOR HEALTHY LIVES: Pure Protein makes protein powders for women & men on a quest to get fit. Whether you're focused on muscle gains, weight lifting or are an active bodybuilder, Pure Protein powders give you the energy to go for the gold.
- RAISE THE BAR ON PROTEIN: You push your muscles to the limits & need the best nutrients to fuel your body. At Pure Protein, we push our powders to the limit, delivering quality flavor & nutrition in every scoop, so they are a great fit for a healthy life.
- FUEL YOUR FITNESS: Pure Protein makes delicious products for a healthy and active lifestyle. Try them if you've enjoyed Quest Bars, RX Bars, Cliff Bars, Bulletproof, Primal Kitchen, Think Thin Protein Bars, GFB Guten Free Bars, or Know Better Foods.
This is a great, low-cost protein powder option that’s perfect for grab and go extra protein for your day. I’ve personally used this powder and find that it has most of the things I’m looking for i.e. low sugar, low carb, 25g protein, palatable taste, and easy to mix.
- Ridiculously delicious : BSN broke through the whey protein flavor barrier once and for all with the introduction of syntha-6
- 22 gram protein matrix : Consisting of whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, calcium caseinate, micellar casein, milk protein isolate, and egg albumin
- 2-3 gram sugar : While the taste is mind blowing, syntha-6 contains 2-3 gram of sugar per serving depending on flavor
- Use any time of day : Post workout, between meals, as a snack, or as a treat, it doesn’t matter. BSN syntha-6 was formulated to be your any time of day protein powder
- Protein supplementation : Promotes muscle protein synthesis and recovery support
This is another great option for whey protein powder. There are 6 different flavor options, all of which have great taste reviews. It’s got 22 grams of protein, just 3g of sugar, and also contains 10 grams of essential amino acids for muscle repair and recovery.
- Includes 1 (2.03 Pound) Orgain Organic Plant Based Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
- 21 grams of organic plant based protein (pea, brown rice, chia seeds), 5 grams of organic dietary fiber, 5 grams of net carbs, 0 grams of sugar, 150 calories per serving
- USDA organic, vegan, gluten free, dairy free, lactose free, low net carbs, no added sugar, soy free, kosher, non GMO, carrageenan free, and no artificial ingredients
- Mix with water, milk, or your favorite protein shake recipe for a quick breakfast or snack drink. Use when bakin grams to give your cakes, muffins, brownies, or cookies a protein and energy boost
- Ideal for healthy, on the go nutrition for men, women, and kids. These are great for meal replacement, smoothie boosters, buildin grams lean muscle, muscle recovery, and pre or post workouts
This is another option that I’ve personally tried myself and can highly recommend. It made our list of the best protein powders for pregnancy. This is a plant-based option as opposed to whey. It’s 100% organic and there are no artificial flavors. If this is important to you, this is a great, inexpensive choice for plant-based protein powder.
- · ON’S MOST ADVANCED WHEY – exceeding all expectations
- · FASTER DELIVERY – advanced hydrolyzed whey protein isolates
- · 30G ULTRA-PURE PROTEIN PER SERVING – supports your muscle-building goals
- · 15.5G NATURALLY OCCURRING & ADDED EAAs – supports muscle recovery and growth
- · GREAT ANY-TIME PROTEIN SOURCE – perfect for post-workout recovery, between meals, or anytime additional protein is needed in your diet
My last Elevation protein powder alternative is this one from Optimum Nutrition. This is a basic, whey protein that gets the job done. There are several flavors to choose from, including red velvet cake (um, yum!), 30 grams of protein and 8 grams of BCAA’s, making this a well-rounded protein powder supplement.