I’ve always had dry skin, so my daily lotion regime has been a part of my life for years at this point. And anyone who has ever dealt with dry skin knows that not all moisturizers are created equally.
Thankfully, I don’t have any serious skin issues like eczema, psoriasis, or rosacea, but for those who do, finding a moisturizer that provides real relief is often a struggle.
I recently got the opportunity to try Hydration Repair Honey Salve (Honey Butter) from Blossom Essentials, and this article will serve as my review and feedback after trying this product. If you’ve seen an ad for this product, have heard of others using it, or found it in your search for effective skin hydration options and are wondering if it’s worth trying, this article should provide you with some answers.
Honey Butter Hot Takes
- First impressions: Shipping was fast, it didn’t melt or lose integrity despite being delivered in the midst of Florida's summer heat, it smelled great, and it has a creamy texture that felt soft and smooth in my hands.
- First application: Honey Butter went on really smooth, it wasn’t sticky or waxy, and it left my skin feeling soft and buttery. A little bit goes a long way!
- It’s kid-friendly!: It just so happened that my Honey Butter came at just the right time for my kiddos who had gotten several bug bites. We applied the Honey Salve and both reported that the itchiness was diminished afterwards.
- A little bit goes a long way & your jar will last a while: A dab will do ya! You don’t need to use gobs of Honey Butter to experience its benefits. And I love that I feel like my jar will last me a long time.
What Is Blossom Essentials Honey Butter (Hydration Repair Salve)?
Honey Butter, now known as Hydration Repair Salve, is a product made by Blossom Essentials that contains a potent blend of organic Manuka honey, oils, and natural moisturizers. This salve was designed to provide deeply nourishing hydration and relief from common skin conditions like dry or itchy skin.
Honey Butter is a very unique, all-in-one formula that’s not only a moisturizer but also:
- Anti-bacterial - Helps to kill off any bacteria that cause further irritation and inflammation of the skin.
- Humectant - Draws water to the top layer of your skin for extreme hydration.
- Occlusive - Provides a barrier on your skin that protects against bacteria entering and moisture exiting.
- Omolient - Provides a soft, soothing comfort.
What Does Honey Butter Work For?
I was mainly interested in Honey Butter for the purpose of relieving some dry skin patches that I tend to experience, however, it can be used in many different ways and for the treatment of many common skin ailments, inclduing:
- Dry or cracked skin
- Razor burn
- Itchy skin
Where to Apply
One of my dry areas tends to be my face, especially in the winter or after I’ve spent a lot of time in the pool, so I like to see hydration formulas that are safe for the face as well as my body so that I’m not required to purchase multiple different formulas.
Honey Butter from Blossom Essentials is dermatologist-tested and approved for sensitive skin which means that it’s not only safe and effective for your face, but also for other sensitive skin areas like your eyelids, hands, feet, scalp, underarms, and even your lips!
What’s In Honey Butter?
Taking a look at the back of the jar, I discovered that the main ingredients inside Blossom Essentials’ Honey Butter include the following:
- Organic Manuka Honey - Speeds up healing, kills bacteria, and draws in moisture
- Beeswax - Softens dry, chapped skin, lock in moisture and soothe irritation
- Aloe Vera - Moisturizes and antioxidants prevent cell damage
- Tea Tree - Calms itching and inflammation and encourage wound healing
- Coconut Oil - Reduces inflammation and itching, and moisturizes and tighten
- Sweet Almond Oil - Includes fatty acids that restore skin while calming itching and redness
Who Should Try Honey Butter?
Honestly, Blossom Essentials Honey Butter is the type of product that everyone should have on hand, in my opinion. From those who deal with persistent dry skin or other dermatological issues to those who need occasional relief from itchiness or irritation, Honey Butter is a great product to have access to.
I am certainly not the only person who feels that way as one glance at the over 1k reviews all share the same sentiment: you don’t want to run out of this stuff!
I am very impressed with Blossom Essentials Honey Butter (Hydration Repair Salve). As a mom, I am always looking for effective and safe ways to help my kiddos get relief from itchy bug bites and rashes, and this appears to be a really great option!
Although I received this product during the summer months, I know that come winter time when the air is dryer, I will be using my Honey Butter more frequently as a way to seal in moisture over my dry areas which tend to be my face, elbows, and knees.
If you’re looking for a safe, effective, and reliable salve to soothe your skin irritations and prevent them from interfering with life, I think Blossom Essentials is well worth checking into. As always, do your own research, but it gets a thumbs up from me!