From hot flashes and fatigue to weight gain and sleep disruption, menopause discomforts are causing countless women to feel like they’re drowning. And while menopause is a right of passage for females as we age, it doesn’t have to be as grueling and uncomfortable as we think.
There are plenty of over-the-counter menopause relief supplements available that can help alleviate, improve, and even eliminate menopause-related symptoms so that you can get back to enjoying life.
In this article, we’re reviewing the best over-the-counter menopause relief products that you can add to your cart and send on your way today!
Buying Guide: Here’s What to Look For
As with any supplement, you don’t want to just grab any old product off the shelf or online without first doing your due diligence to ensure that it’s worth your investment. Here are a handful of things to consider before buying and over the counter menopause supplement:
The majority of non-prescription menopause relief supplements contain a variety of herbs and supplements that have been studied and shown to provide some type of benefit regarding common menopause symptoms. Many of these ingredients have been used in western medicine for centuries. One of the most studied menopause treatments is black cohosh, which has been shown to help with hot flashes and night sweats.
Since supplements aren’t regulated by the FDA, it’s wise to take a quick look at the back of the supplement you’re considering and give the ingredients list a once-over. Look for ingredients that you can pronounce and those that, when you Google them, are immediately recognized for their menopause support benefits.
Main Symptoms Targeted
Some OTC menopause supplements will market themselves as a “do-it-all” for the most common menopause symptoms, while also honing in on one or two specific menopause-related symptoms. Determine what your biggest issues are and look for a formula that either directly targets that symptom or that has evidence that it can help with it along with others.
When it comes to supplements, there are a few different ways to take them. Most commonly, supplements come in capsule or pill form, however, there are also gummies and powders, too. If you’re going to be taking a menopause remedy daily, take into consideration what form of ingestion will be easiest and most effective for you.
For example, some folks have trouble swallowing large capsules, so opting for a gummy vitamin or powdered mix will allow them to be more adherent.
In the supplement industry, we see a lot of companies that try to make a solution for everything these days, with few really specializing in one thing. While this can be advantageous in certain cases, it can also be a detriment in others.
When it comes to menopause products, it’s important that the brand you choose to invest in has a vested interest in women’s health. Make sure that they are reputable and integral by digging in a bit into their history, mission, and the reviews and feedback available from their customers.
The Best Over the Counter Menopause Relief Supplements
Let’s dive in! Here are the best picks for menopause relief that are available over the counter…or online, as it so happens these days!
MENO is a hormone-free menopause supplement that’s designed to provide multi-symptom relief. Specifically, MENO’s clinically-studied ingredients have been shown to help relieve hot flashes, night sweats, occasional sleeplessness, and mood swings.
MENO contains a blend of menopause-proven herbs and supplements, including;
- Black Cohosh for hot flashes and night sweats
- Ashwagandha for sexual function and restful sleep
- Chasteberry for hormonal weight gain and mood
- Vitamins D2 and B6 for bone health and mood
- Clinically-proven ingredients
- Blend of natural herbs and supplements
- Vegan-friendly, soy-free, and gluten-free
- Easy to take capsules
- Affordable monthly cost
- 60-day happiness guaranteed
- Many users report that it takes 2-3 months of consistency before realizing full results (common among supplements)
- It’s a newer product, so there aren’t a ton of user reviews and feedback yet
Learn more about Opositiv Meno through our review.
HUM Nutrition’s Fan Club is a multi-symptom menopause support supplement that contains an estrogen-free, non-hormonal, clinically-studied probiotic formula that addresses 11 symptoms of perimenopause and menopause. Specifically, Fan Club helps to reduce hot flashes and night sweats, vaginal dryness, fatigue, mood swings, irritability, restlessness, sleeplessness, low sex drive, bladder problems, and joint and muscle discomfort.
Fan Club is made with a handful of clinically-studied menopause relief ingredients that include the following;
- ERr 731 Siberian Rhubarb Extract for a reduction in frequency and severity of hot flashes, night sweats, heart racing, sleep disturbances, fatigue, muscle discomfort, and more.
- Lactobacillus Plantarum (DR7), is a patented probiotic that’s clinically shown to support the gut-brain axis and improve mood as well as healthy cortisol levels.
- Grape Seed Extract is high in proanthocyanidins which help to reduce stress and support the improvement of symptoms related to menopause.
- 87% of users reported fewer hot flashes
- Targets most common menopause symptoms
- Natural and hormone-free
- Triple tested for purity
- Free of artificial sweeteners and colors
- Contains a probiotic
- Gluten-free and non-GMO
- Affordable monthly cost
- Can take a few months for the full effect
- Some people didn’t experience hot flash relief
Learn more about HUM Fan Club through our review.
Relizen by Bonafide is a powerful, hormone-free relief supplement for women who are experiencing menopausal hot flashes and night sweats. Plus, it’s been shown to help reduce fatigue, calm irritability and improve sleep. This formula contains proven-effective ingredients and has been recommended by more than 6,700 doctors.
The main ingredient in Relizen is Bonafide’s exclusive Pollen. Through a unique purification process, Bonafide has successfully unlocked the healing benefits of pollen from four specific plants grown in Sweden. Exclusive Bonafide Pollen balances your body temperature, keeping you cool and dry around the clock.
- Natural, hormone-free treatment
- Completely unique OTC menopause supplement
- Studies have shown that 75% of women experienced less frequent, less intense hot flashes by the third month of use
- Highly regarded and recommended brand in the menopause and natural women’s health industry
- Small, easy-to-take tablet
- Some women report they experience no relief from hot flashes
- There isn’t a ton of third-party, peer-reviewed data regarding the effectiveness of the main ingredient
MenoFit by MenoLabs is a clinically tested, naturally sourced, complete menopause supplement that’s designed to target all your most common menopause-related symptoms, with a specific emphasis on maintaining a healthy weight. This unique advanced formula contains 28 ingredients, including probiotics, herbs, vitamins, and minerals.
MenoFit has been shown to treat and minimize the effects of the following menopause symptoms; hot flashes, weight gain, metabolism support, mood support, night sweats, gut health, bone, and joint health, mental clarity, and immune health. The following key ingredients ensure this supplement is effective:
- Probiotic blend that’s doctor-formulated to support a healthy microbiome and menopause symptom releif.
- Prebiotic blend that’s formulated to help stabilize and support the potential efficacy of the probiotics in the formula.
- Red clover for hot flashes and hormone balance.
- Bitter Melon Fruit Extract for metabolism support.
- Clinically proven to reduce menopause symptoms
- 92% of customers saw a reduction in hot flashes and 80% reduction in mood swings
- Can help lose/maintain weight
- Contains pre and probiotics for gut health support
- Addresses multiple menopause symptoms
- 90-day money-back guarantee
- Hundreds of raving customer reviews
- A tad pricier than some other options
- There are a lot of ingredients in this formulation, increasing the chances that you might experience side effects (although MenoLabs claims this to be side effect free)
Learn more about MenoFit through our review.
Harmony by 1st Phorm is a female hormone balancing supplement that’s designed to ease the symptoms that women face relating to hormonal fluctuations throughout their lives as well as throughout the months. This supplement is specifically designed to target the issues that can cause an unhealthy hormonal imbalance, whether relating to menopause, perimenopause, or PMS.
Harmony is also designed for women who are active and looking to be their fittest, healthiest selves throughout their lives. Imbalance hormones can lead to an inability to reach your fitness goals, which is why taking Harmony in conjunction with a healthy nutrition and exercise plan can help you to lose weight and make progress towards your goals, despite being in a menopausal state.
The key ingredients inside 1st Phorm’s Harmony include the following:
- MACA Root for improving mood, energy, and sexual function.
- KSM 66 Ashwagandha Root Extract for stress reduction, improved memory, and increased energy for workouts.
- Chasteberry for progesterone stimulation, which can help relieve common menopause-related symptoms.
- Works to effectively balance the hormones that are causing menopause symptoms
- Can help give more energy and results in the gym
- Includes clinically proven, natural ingredients
- Improves skin complexion
- Hundreds of positive reviews
- Great brand with a 110% money-back guarantee
- It’s not menopause-specific, and can also be used for PMS
- The capsules are on the larger end (but still pretty average)
Learn more about Harmony through our review.
Final Thoughts on the Best OTC Menopause Relief Supplements
Finding and aligning with an over-the-counter menopause relied supplement is important, especially when your symptoms are causing disruptions to your daily routine. The supplements that made our list have all met the criteria for being healthy, effective solutions. That said, not every supplement works for every woman and her unique circumstances. Keep in mind that you might need to experiment with different options before you land on the one that best works for you.
While menopause used to be an event that women were forced to “deal with” and overcome on our own, the industry is growing and shifting, recognizing the unique challenges we face as we hit menopause and creating products that are specifically designed to help ease us into our aging years.
When paired with a healthy, active lifestyle and nutrition plan, the right OTC menopause relief supplement can make a world of difference in your day-to-day life!