As a fit, active momma who has nursed three babies while maintaining an exercise regime, I have tried A LOT of nursing sports bras and let me tell you, they are NOT created equally!
Nursing moms need extra support. From larger than normal breasts to sore and sensitive nipples, you need an undergarment that holds you in, minimizes bouncing and abrasion, provides all-day comfort and allows for easy nursing access. Sounds kind of like you’re searching for a mythical unicorn, right?
Don’t worry, we did all the leg work for you and find the 8 best nursing sports bras for active mommas. Most of the bras that made our list are ones that the team here at Fit Healthy Momma have personally used, others were chosen based on their overall quality, functionality, and positive reviews from other buyers.
Don’t let breastfeeding stop you from taking the time to take care of yourself and move your body, take a look at our comprehensive list to find the right one for your fitness journey. You deserve it, momma!
Best Sports Bra for Nursing Moms: The Top 8
Your comfort and convenience are essential throughout your pregnancy and breastfeeding journey. Take a look at our picks below!
Overall rating: 9.9 / 10
We’re kicking off our list with one of our favorite maternity and nursing brands ever, Kindred Bravely. During my pregnancies, I lived in these and this. Unfortunately, I didn’t have this low impact nursing bra until after my third baby, but it quickly became my go-to for all my workouts while breastfeeding.
It’s made from super-soft, comfortable fabric that feels amazing on your skin. It’s simple to pull on and there are no annoying, hard to reach hooks or clips. It offers great support for most low impact activities – if you’re larger breasted this may not have enough support for high impact activities like HIIT or running.
The material is breathable, keeping you dry and cool all through your workout. Nursing access is simple with the easy to use clips that you can operate with one hand. There are several great, neutral colors and sizes range from small to X-large.
Overall rating: 9.6 / 10
Alright, ladies, if you’re looking for a sports bra that has it all, PLUS easy nursing access – this one is definitely worth a try. This is the bra for the mommas who thrive on high impact workouts!
The SYROKAN Sports Bra for nursing moms was designed to hold everything firmly in place without being too tight or constricting. One of the coolest features of this one is that the straps are adjustable with Velcro, and that’s also how you’ll get the easy nursing access.
The adjustable straps allow for a customized fit with the right level of support you need for the intensity of your workout. The material is soft and comfortable, and this will also be your go-to long after your breastfeeding journey is over.
There are 9 different colors and prints to choose from and sizes range from 32B to 42E!
- Molded cups with limited stretch maintain shape and increase support
- Bonded front-adjustable straps with concealed hook-and-loop closure
- Full coverage with wide underband and interior front yoke to reduce movement and absorb shock
- Mesh inserts at both sides and back to blow off hot and bring you cool
- Works perfectly as running, basketball, tennis, boxing bras
Overall rating: 9.6 / 10
This option from HOTmilk is a fun, hybrid between a regular nursing bra and one that’s designed for working out.
The HOTmilk Activate Best Sports Nursing Bra is the perfect everyday option that you can easily take from the office to the gym to feeding your baby with ease.
Nursing is easy with the one-hand clip downs, there’s a thick band that offers all-day comfort, and there’s enough breast support to carry you through almost any low impact activity comfortably. We love this one for yoga and Pilates!
There are two bright color options and a ton of sizes, all the up to 358GG.
- Flexi- wired soft cup bra for maximum comfort and support
- A frame support for the ultimate support and modesty cover
- Cotton elastane blend lining which allows moisture wicking and breathability
- Easy one handed drop down cups for breastfeeding
- 6 hook and eye extension for ribcage expansion<
Overall rating: 9.6 / 10
This option from Cake Maternity made our list thanks to its outstanding design and level of support.
During this time when our breasts are enlarged, it’s important that we have a bra that provides support and minimizes bouncing, especially during activity – and this one take’s the cake (no pun intended)!
We love the fabric placement between the breasts which eliminates cleavage and helps reduce any upward bounce. It’s simple to snap down and feed with just one hand.
The back converts from regular straps to racerback with an easy clip for high impact days and there are a simple hook and eye closure on the back that allows you to adjust as your breasts and rib cage change.
There are three great color options to choose from and sizes range from 32B to 40K.
- FOR THE MINDFUL MAMA: Ideal during your pregnancy & for breastfeeding, Cake Maternity is consciously made by mamas for mamas.
- NILIT6.6 MICROFIBER: This maternity soft cup nursing bra knitted with premium NILIT Softex Microfiber Nylon 6.6 yarn enables the fabric to have an extra soft silky feel and a natural second-skin effect. Apart form it superior comfort, this high tensile NILIT yarn will hold its shape during the frequent feeding & wash after wash.
- OEKO-TEX: This quality breathable wirefree nursing bra is tested and certified to be free from harmful substances. Oeko-Tex certification reassure that this garment have been verified as non-irritating to the skin.
- FOR SUPPORT & COMFORT: This luxurious full coverage, wireless nursing bra with moulded cups and structured panels, provide an ideal rounded shape and the best support possible. Wear it as a lounge, sport, yoga, sleep or a work bra, as its also suitable under maternity clothes.
- WILL ADJUST TO YOUR CHANGING BODY & NEEDS: With 4-way stretch, this racerback nursing breastfeeding bra is designed for pregnancy & post partum. Can be used with Dr. Brown's nipple shields after feeding and with Bellababy, Spectra Baby USA or Elvie electric breast pumps when pumping.
Overall rating: 9.6 / 10
Simplicity is the name of the game with this option from Gratlin. This sports bra for nursing moms will remind you of a lot of your non-nursing ones.
There’s a supportive racerback, thick under band around to give you extra support throughout your workout, and front clip downs for quick feeds. There are no wires in this option, so bigger busted ladies may not get the support they need, but those with smaller chests will enjoy the simplicity and overall comfortable feel of this option.
The Gratlin best Maternity Nursing Sports Bra is one of the ones that I frequently wore during all three of my post-partum and nursing journeys.
Sizes range from small to X-large and there are three basic colors to choose from.
- Wire free and racerback design for better stability and maximum comfort
- Front one-hand open clips facilitate breastfeeding anytime anywhere
- Full soft cups offer all around containment and support
- Soft side slings to prevent sagging and support busts when nursing
- Wide elastic underband gives extra support for low to medium impact activities
Overall rating: 9.6 / 10
While this choice from Yvette is not technically a nursing sports bra, it made our list for two reasons:
a.) It has a zip down front that will allow for easy nursing, and
b.) This is the best sports bra for running while nursing we have found.
This bra will seriously hold you in tight and keep everything together while you’re running, doing HIIT, or any other high impact activity.
This is a double layer undergarment that almost feels like you’re wearing two bras in one, but without the bulk and discomfort that would bring. The front zipper makes it easy to nurse and also simple to get on and off.
The shoulder straps are soft but stable, so no need to worry about them slipping off your shoulder. There are three color options and sizes run from small to 5XL.
- Antiskid Shoulder Straps to avoid the shoulder slip off while doing exercise.Ultra-light no-chafe no-sweat, no-bounce,no burden, comfortable and fashionable
- Zipper front closure bra with zipper anti-scratch device easy to wear and take off.The auto-hold lock can avoid zip accidentally open.
- Full figure with double layer 2-in-1 design not only protect against shock, prevent the bra from shifting, but also beautify your back curve.
- Smooth Tec elastic band resists chafing. Non-removable molded cups give your confidence with no show through. S to plus size sports bra, easy to find your own size.
- Medium or high support Sports Bra for women ideal for everyday active lifestyle like Sports,Gym Exercise & Fitness,Yoga,Walking & Jogging & Running,Cycling,Boxing,Bowling,Tenis,etc.
Overall rating: 9.6 / 10
It should come as no surprise that we have another double-layer option on our list – we understand the level of comfort and support you need during this time, we got you, momma! This bra from Glamorise is awesome for so many reasons.
First, this has a customizable front that allows you to determine the level of support you need.
This is a feature we’ve never seen before! You can go from a relaxing yoga class to a high impact cardio kickboxing class and achieve the perfect level of support no matter what.
The straps are wide, comfortable, and non-irritative. There are several great color options to choose from and sizes range from 32B to 46I.
- Adjustable bounce control front panel for customized support.
- Quick dry seamless molded inner cups wick away moisture
- Non-slip adjustable straps and two-way stretch back
- Magiclift criss-cross design on the inner bra is wire free and provides superior lift, support and bust definition
Overall rating: 9.6 / 10
Last but not least, this Champion bra is another tried and true option that fits like a glove and feels oh so supportive where nursing mommas need it the most.
This option is a no-fuss, no-frills choice that works for everyday wear, high impact workouts, and low impact workouts, too – essentially, this may be your new go-to for your everyday.
There’s easy front clip nursing access. It’s a racerback with a simple hook and eye enclosure and includes a thick, supportive band around your chest that helps keep everything in place.
The cups have a slight molding to them so you can easily get away with wearing this under your favorite t-shirt and still have a flattering look. This option is very affordable, it comes in over a dozen different colors and sizes range from small to X-large.
- Moisture management technology helps keep you dry
- Patented concealing cups for lightweight shape and modesty
- Keyhole racerback with hook & eye closure for easy on and off
- Front adjustable straps for a custom fit
- Max support
Buying Guide & FAQs
Now that you’ve seen our top picks and why we chose them, let’s dive into some more information regarding this particular type of garment that may be helpful as you navigate through the buying process.
What is a Nursing Sports Bra?
We’ll start with the at the beginning and tell you what exactly this type of bra is and why you might need one. This type of bra is like almost every other nursing or breastfeeding bra, in that it comes with Velcro or clips that pull down for easy nursing.
Additionally, the sports bras generally provide the additional support and compression that you need to make it through a workout without getting sore breasts or backpain.
These bras allow you to comfortably workout and also feed your baby anytime before, during, or after. We all know that the baby’s favorite feeding time is the exact second you push play on that workout video!
Can’t I Just Wear A Regular Sports Bra?
Of course, you can! It’s honestly a personal preference and choice. But for most breastfeeding moms, they’ll tell you that their breasts are experiencing growth, swelling, and changes that often require a more heavy-duty option.
Additionally, many mommas these days workout from home with their babies nearby and rather than deal with the hassle of trying to breastfeed in a regular sports bra, it’s so convenient to just unclip your nursing bra when baby gets hungry. Convenience is everything for moms!
What Should I Look For in a Breastfeeding Sports Bra?
Like we mentioned at the beginning of the article, not all options are created equal! So it’s important that you know what to look out for so that you can make the best, most informed decision. If this is your first baby, or even if it’s your fifth, it’s important that you consider the following as you decide which one to purchase:
- Level of Support: Ladies, our breasts are significantly larger while breastfeeding, especially in those first few months. With all that extra weight and heft, it’s vital that you get the right support to prevent pain and injuries. Look for wide shoulder straps, a wide band that fits securely, and a high front panel.
- Coverage: Now is not likely the time that you want any cleavage showing – it’s both uncomfortable and not supportive enough for breastfeeding moms. You should expect your nursing bra to have full coverage all the way around.
- Easy Usage: The whole point of buying this type of bra is to facilitate easy breastfeeding, right? So, it’s important to make sure that the one you choose is easy for you and your baby to access. We all know how cranky babies get when they’re ready to eat and they have to wait. Avoid the meltdown by making sure you can easily access your breast with clip downs, Velcro, or even a front zipper.
- Price: All the options we listed are relatively affordable and rival the price you’d likely pay for any bra you’d buy, nursing or not. But we understand that price may be a concern for us budget-savvy mommas. If you’re the type of mom who plans to work out daily and will get a lot of use out of your sports bra, then we recommend springing for the higher end option as you’ll more than get your money’s worth. If you don’t plan to use yours as much, a more budget-friendly option should do just fine.
- Type of Workout: What kinds of workouts do you plan to do? Are you a low-impact, yoga or Pilates fan? Do you love intense HIIT classes or sprinting? High impact movement will require a bra that’s up to the test and provides additional compression to prevent bounces. For low impact activities, you can probably get away with a light coverage option.
The Bottom Line
If you’re a breastfeeding mom who’s looking for the best nursing bra, we hope that this article and our selection proved to be helpful for you. Remember, breastfeeding, like motherhood, is a journey. What works for us at two months postpartum may not work at eight months. It’s important that you analyze your and your baby’s needs and select the bra that feels right.
We love everything from this brand and highly recommend them to all our pregnant and nursing momma friends. The comfort, durability, and convenience are unparalleled.
Now get out there and move those beautiful bodies!